The Children’s Services Division of NCLA was formed in 1975. The Division was created to unite all those who are interested in library service to children.
What we do:
The Children’s Services Division (CSD) offers educational programs and workshops to those interested in library services to children. CSD provides Children’s Librarians the opportunity to volunteer for an outreach program at a selected Head Start or day-care center. Every other year CSD jointly sponsors Lit-Fest: A Festival of Children’s Literature (formerly The Child and the Book) with the Nassau Library System (NLS), Nassau County Library Association (NCLA), and the Nassau School Library System (NSLS).
CSD sponsors a program each May at the Long Island Library Conference.
- Support from Youth Services Manager, Renee McGrath
- Professional exchange with your fellow Children’s Librarians
- Exciting programs and educational meetings on relevant topics
- Opportunities to meet local authors and illustrators
- Reduced rates on registration fees
- Monthly newsletter of events and programs by all Divisions
- Directory of Long Island Libraries and Media Centers
- Opportunity to participate in Group Disability Insurance and Dental Plans
Last updated: May 3, 2011