Who We Are:
An organization committed to preparing for our future and the future of our libraries. An Association of concerned individuals and institutions responsive to your needs and interests.
What We Do:
NCLA SUPPORT STAFF DIVISION Conducts:
- Education Programs and Workshops for all library clerical staff.
- An annual Open House which allows us to see other library buildings and gives us the opportunity to exchange ideas and procedures with members of other libraries.
- An annual bus trip that is both educational and fun and allows us to get to know one another.
- A seminar at the Long Island Library Conference.
Becoming a Member:
Anyone interested in joining this division may print out a membership form by clicking on the “Join” link on the upper left side of the NCLA website.
The Support Staff Division always welcomes new members. If you are a member, try to recruit a new face to join us! If you have never attended any of our functions, make it a point to join. Don’t be left out!
Membership Benefits include:
- Reduced rate registration fee to the annual Long Island Library Conference Access to low cost, HIGH QUALITY and relevant continuing education opportunities
- The opportunity to participate in a reasonably priced, group disability insurance program and/or dental plan tailored to your INDIVIDUAL needs! Note: Membership in NCLA must be maintained to continue your coverage under this program.
- Newsletters, the Directory of L.I. Libraries and Media Centers [Note: requires a minimum dues payment of $15.00], special publications Selection of membership in ONE specialized division of your choice. [Additional divisions can be added at the low fee of $3.00/division]
- And much more!